Monday, April 16, 2007

Coming Home

There is a song that is on a CD that happened to be left behind in my first apartment that I absolutely Love. The lyrics follow the story of someone preparing to serve, on and finishing a mission. Since I discovered it, I have dropped my bag on my bed and put on this song at a rather loud volume to sing it at the top of my lungs manys the time. Although I would have thought the experiences to be had in the service of the Lord would be quite impossible to really acurately describe, this song happens to do it quite well.

I have experienced all the things he talks about. I have wanted to reach out and help every soul that I see. I have walked on roads in the country so far. I have seen and talked to a broken man who said he wasn't sure if he knew how to pray and listened as he said what was in his heart. Now the last thing is that I will follow the birds and go back Home.

My flight gets in on Thursday evening.

I have no idea how to handle this-I know that my mission will end and I always have. But to stand here is so very strange to me.

It happened so fast.

In my prayers at night lately, the first thing my heart is dying to say to my Father in Heaven is an expression of my Gratitude. My life has been so abundantly blessed throughout the entirety of it. I am in awe...

Such an interesting sensation is coursing through me these days as I process the greatest change in my life so far. Soooo many emotions all balled up into one muddle. I am managing to go through pretty Happy, so I can't at all complain.

After all...even though this has been the best thing in my life up to the point, I do have the whole rest of my life to look forward to.

That is going to be SO much Fun!