Monday, January 29, 2007

Megjött a tél!

Winter finally blew into Pécs for real last week...

We have been enjoying fine Spring days up until now, but a cold front blew in and even a snow shower or two. We had just begun to get used to it when we came out of our apartment today and found the sun shining and birds singing merrily.

Another transfer has begun this past week, and boy were the calls that came in a surprise!

I am staying in Pécs, as expected. My companion is Sister Koler for a second transfer together! It was too good to be true! After the fun we had together last transfer, we were positive that we would be seperated. She says that she hasn't given thanks for her companion in her prayers nearly as much for anyone else as she had for me.

I very much appreicated that.

Elder Stevens from my group was shipped out to be a Zone Leader and two others are training new missionaries...we are getting so old in this place! This transfer is my sencond to last. In interviews President asked me when I go home-there are 100 of us around here and I can reckon it is difficult for him to keep track of us. I told him in April and he winced and paid me one of the highest compliments of my mission.

"That soon? Wow, I hate to have to loose you."

It is a great honor to be seen as an assest to someone I Love and respect as much as President Gasser.

And beyond that, I can't believe how much Fun I am having! It doesn't seem fair that I could be so blessed...