Monday, December 11, 2006

Miracles Happen

Once we were walking from the branch house in Szeged, and I turned to Sister Walker in a discussion about what we do as missionaries and said, "We change the world, one miracle at a time."

I know that God is a God of miracles.

One of them is named Levente.

Levente's father was tracked into by two junior companions on exchanges last summer. He was dropped pretty quickly, but was given a flyer about the English Class we teach every week. For a couple of weeks, he urged his soon to go and finally he went, into our class. He attended every week and through the course of sharing a short spiritual message at the end of every class, we taught him much about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

One day after class, he asked to meet with us, which we readily arranged. He just had "some questions". The first thing he said when we met outside of class was that he was Atheist. He didn't believe that God exist or even could exist based upon what he knew about religion. And he knew a lot.

Levente was baptized and confirmed a member of the church this weekend.

He is very much a miracle.


You'll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go...
But that is one of the best parts about coming on a mission!

My best friend in the country is going Home next week.

I am SO bummed out about it!

And as I reckon he will probably be clicking his own way around here some time soon, I just wanted him to have a warm introduction.

Csak Garret részére: Nem hiszem igazán, hogy furcsa madár vagy, csak tetszik nekem a mese "Oh! The Places You'll Go!" (ebből jött) és ilyen kis mondást szoktam használni itt.

I probably shouldn't be so bold with typing out some Hungarian for him because he speaks this crazy, wonderful language about a million light years better than I do.

If I do end up packing up the Bronco to head 1500 miles in the other direction to go to BYU next year, all y'all have his influence largely to blame.


Another Transfer
And that last one went by like lightning!

I was pretty sure I was hosed, and I was right.

I am heading out of the city back to the south of the country to serve what will probably be the rest of my mission in a place called Pécs. If I couldn't stay to help with Outreach for the rest of mission, I wanted to go to Pécs, and I got exactly what I wanted.

As if serving in the city that I am told looks like something out of a Fairytale isn't enough, I also get to have Christmas with Elder Stevens, whose picture can be found somewhere in the archieves of this blog. He's one of my Elders, and I am SO happy to get to go serve with him!

The only part leaving me with any trepidation is whose shoes I am filling down there. The Sister who is heading out of Pécs to go home has a reputation of being awesome. At everything. I'm not! I'm just a little nervous because I am going to serve with her Greenie and I know I am replacing a stud. I hope I can become more like one while I am there...


But in the meanwhile...
Be safe and well, every one. And don't hestitate to share a Christmas note with me on the other side of the rainbow!

Te IS neked valo ez, Nay!

I am very much loving you all...