Monday, September 18, 2006

Moments of Significance

And many came to pass this week...

On Wednesday I had my interview with President Gasser, where I received my release date. It has already been processed-my exit interview with President will be April 18, 2007-exactly seven months from today.

Yes, I know.

On Thursday I got sick as a dog and had to talk to Dr. Moody-the mission's doctor who lives in Germany. The result of the conversation was that the APs (Assistants to the President) came to our apartment at 10 o'clock at night to give me anitbiotics and a priesthood blessing. I am still really congested but have been able to put in full days' worth of work ever since.

On Sunday morning we received transfer calls. The threesome is over and I will be the Senior companion with Sister Waldie and staying here in Kispest. Elder Kinghorn from my group in the MTC is coming up to serve with me again, which I am stoked for. He along with 5 other of my elders are going Senior as well. We grow up so fast!

For all of you who have no idea what the heck "Senior" is, I apologize. We serve as missionaries in companionships, usually in twos unless there is an odd number in the mission then threes (hence: "threesome"). In a companionship there is a Senior Companion and a Junior Companion-the Senior has been in the field longer-sometimes only one tranfer longer. The Senior is the leader-if things go great it is a great companionship. If things go terribly there is a bad Senior Companion. It is a chunk of responsibility, but it will also be a lot of fun. Sister Waldie is amazing and the transition will be a slice of cake for me. I am stoked.

Anywho, I hope all is well on the other side of the rainbow, where ever you may be on that side. I am loving you all, Dear Ones and can hardly believe I will be rejoining in only 7 months...