Saturday, November 19, 2005

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

So....

I know the holiday film viewing has already begun. Mumz is going to see Harry Potter and I've committed one of my teachers to watch A Christmas Story once for me.

So....

If you need a break from Rudolf, Cindy-Lou, & the Red Rider Turbo-Action Steel-Plated BB gun, I have a few suggestions that will not only entertain but might actually shed light on the thought provoking question: "So, what do missionaries do?"

* The Other Side of Heaven
* The Best Two Years
* God's Army

All is well here - I am happy & healthy & fully enjoying everything about this place. There is SO MUCH to be thankful for this year, not the least of which being the many millions of YOU.

Be well & safe, dear ones.

Sok Szeretlek!

- Ashley

Friend of the Week

Patrick (although....I think I'm the only one who calls him that)

Picture it: April 2001, the 6th floor lobby of KU's Hashinger Hall.

It's late & I'm exhausted, but a voice calls out to me, "Hey! Hey! You can't fall asleep! I'm trying to say nice things about you!" Well, who on earth am I not to comply with such a request? Enter Patrick, stage left. He was visiting a friend & after that weekend (although we haven't seen each other), we've been friends ever since. There is so much to love about Patrick it seems like a crime to try to compress him into 2 paragraphs. If I met everyone in the whole world, 7 billion "hellos" later, I'm pretty sure I'd never find another like him. He's simply far too awesome - as are all who read this.

We share several loves - gmail, London & the awesomeness of Star Wars. He's an alumn of Mizzou (and we don't hold that against him) & works in graphics for a paper in Myrtle Beach. He has a passion for 80s music & is famed quite literally throughout the world for his "White Boy Dance Party." Forget the 80s part, though. This kid just LOVES music. He's caring, supportive, energetic & kind & is probably one of the most convivial persons I know (fond of eating, drink, and good company). I adore and admire Patrick so and without him, non of you would be reading this - for he was the catalyst that introduced me to the world of blogging.

So if you ever get the chance - take Patrick's lead and start a friendship. All you have to do is desire to say nice things.